Lot Mill – Nailsworth


Found in the Newmarket valley, Nailsworth this old mill was powered by the waters of the ‘Miry Brook’.

Lot Mill in Nailsworth

In 1641 it was a fulling mill. During the 1870s it was used as an engineering factory producing steam engines , water turbines and governors. During this time the mill was owned by Isaac Hilliers stepson.

Hilliers were once big in Nailsworth as the Hilliers pie factory was also in the Newmarket valley.

Not shown in this photograph is the more recent extension that has extended the size of the building.